History of the house
The "Villa Wehrberg" was built around 1910. At that time the owner still advertised: "1 minute from the beach - wonderful view of the Wadden Sea". - Some things remained, others changed in the following decades. After the owners changed several times, the fortified castle became the property of the Raulff family in 1981. An extension completes the complex "Hotel Wehrburg". In the winter of 2017, major conversion and renovation measures were carried out in the reception area, lobby and breakfast room on the ground floor. However, the fortified castle has not lost any of its historical charm to this day, which we are delighted to see confirmed by numerous regular guests. As a family-run hotel, the Wehrburg developed into the parent company of the Raulff - Hotels umbrella brand. At the beginning of the 90s, the foundation stone was laid here for a commitment on the island of Rügen. This continues until today and meanwhile the Raulff - Hotels unite several hotels and the Rosencafé in Putbus.